ALPHA® CVP-520 is designed to enable low temperature surface mount assembly technology. The lead-free alloy in ALPHA CVP-520 has a melting point below 140°C, and has been successfully used with peak reflow profiles between 155°C and 190°C. The flux residue from ALPHA CVP-520 is clear, colorless, and provides excellent electrical resistivity, exceeding industry standards.
The carefully selected Sn/Bi/Ag alloy in ALPHA CVP-520 was selected to give the lowest melting point, lowest pasty range during melting and re-solidification, along with a very fine grain structure, offering maximum resistance to thermal cycle based fatigue. The alloy also yields very low voiding BGA solder joints, even when a traditional SAC alloy sphere is used.
Features & Benefits
- Enables elimination of a second or third reflow cycle when temperature sensitive components or connectors are used.
- Reduces energy consumption in reflow ovens versus standard lead free alloys.
- Reduces reflow process cycle time.
- Delivers 8 Hour stencil life.
- Potential eliminations of bar solder, wave soldering flux and energy costs associated with wave soldering.
- Compatible with all commonly used lead free surface finishes (Entek HT; Alpha Star Immersion Silver, Immersion Tin, Ni/Au, SACX HASL, etc.)
- Excellent resistance to random solder balling minimizing rework and increasing first time yield.
- Low temperature reflow profiles may enable the use of less expensive printed circuit board substrates, when appropriate.
- Meets highest IPC 7095 voiding performance (Class III).
- Provides excellent electrical reliability properties.
- Zero halogen (no halogen intentionally added) and halide-free material.
- Compatible with either nitrogen or air reflow.